Registering for a place
Parents wishing to apply for a place in the Nursery will need to complete an application form. This expresses your interest and will put your child on the waiting list.
If you would like to register your child with us or have any Admissions queries, please contact Miss Amanda Read on 01252 716729 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be delighted to offer you a tour of Nursery and this may be requested either before you register or before you accept a place for your child. Please contact the school office to make an appointment 01252 716729.
Once an admission form is completed, parents will be contacted as soon as possible during the summer term for September intake.
Nursery Admissions Criteria for 3 & 4 year olds
Applications will be considered in accordance with the following criteria which are set out in priority order.
1. Children in Public Care (looked after children)
2. Children with exceptional / medical / educational needs
3. Children of staff at the nursery/school
4. A child who at the time of admission, have a sibling on the school roll or in the nursery
5. A child who will turn 4 years old between – 1st September 2021 and 31st August 2022
6. Children who will turn 3 years old between – 1st September 2021 and 31st December 2021
7. Children who turn 3 years old between - 1st January 2022 and 31st March 2022
Nursery Admissions Criteria for 2 year olds
Limited spaces are available for 2 year olds and top priority will be given to those children who qualify for FEET funding. In the event of over subscription, applications will be considered in accordance with the same criteria as 3 & 4 year olds followed by nearest to school.
Once a two year old is placed on role at Hale Academy Nursery they will automatically be entitled to a three year old place and the number of three year old places will reduce.
It should be noted that admission to Hale Academy Nursery does not guarantee admission to the Reception class in the main school. Applications for Reception must be made separately and submitted by the statutory deadline in order to be considered.
Attending our Nursery does however help those children who do come to the main school with the transition and allows the children to become familiar both with the staff and surroundings as they start their Reception year.